Saturday, June 16, 2012

My week in words

So if I'm going to get back into this blogging thing I really need to get into the habit of taking photos. Blogs with photos are so much more interesting!

Anyways...

This week did not feel like a short week for me. No idea why, it just felt as long as a normal week.

Tuesday: This was fake birthday, cake eating day. We went to Muchos Mexican for dinner on the fake birthday girls request and it was amazing! Move over burritos, chimichangas have stolen my mexican food heart and I've always avoided chili con carne for some reason...not any more! We were soo full but we needed to fit in the cake...
 I know everyone has been wondering how Oscar the Grouch's butt tasted. It was actually really delicious! The peppermint icing didn't taste like toothpaste at all and even though the cake was overcooked it kinda worked. It was really hard to cut through though because I left it in the fridge over night and the buttercream set really hard. Everyone loved it so much half the cake got completely demolished, Matt doesn't even like mint and he hoovered his slice. And my other two friends, one who doesn't like icing and the other who doesn't like cake (great combo hey!), also smashed their pieces down! So even though it was ugly it was a win!
After the bill had finally been paid we wandered down to the pub and watched the end of Australia vs Japan. It was a good night.

Wednesday: Since only half of the cake had been eaten because we were already really full from dinner, I took the rest to work. Everyone loved it! Win win! Then Wednesday night I went to the gym to work off all the cake and mexican I had eaten in the last two days. After the gym we had just enough time to get home and snuggle on the couch to watch the origin. I actually showered and didn't pay much attention to the first half, but the last 10 minutes of the second half I was on the edge of my seat! Go blues! About time you gave us a decider match!

Thursday: Nothing exciting happened this day, just the usual work and stuff. It didn't rain so we actually got to have netball training. Thank goodness I've been going to the gym because I honestly wouldn't have been fit enough to survive it! :P

Friday: Again nothing too exciting. Although Matt did make me bacon and eggs for breakfast! And even though my legs were aching he dragged my butt back to the gym. It was a hard workout, thankfully my legs aren't still hurting for netball today. Oh and we caught Ritchie Rich on telly! I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid! Memories.

Today I have umpiring duty for netball. I'm pretty nervous, I've only ever done it once before, I barely called anyone up for anything and I know there was lots of contact and stepping :O So long as parents on sidelines don't scream at me I should be fine!

So that was my slightly unexciting week. Oh but an very exciting part of my week was winning Miss Directions' giveaway! I was such a lovely surprise, I did a little bit of a happy dance and could not stop smiling! Thank you so much ^_^ I hope all my followers also follow Miss Directions. I've followed her almost as long as I've had my own blog and I adore hearing about her travels, she takes awesome photos and knows how to put together a great outfit. Pretty sure I'm jealous of your beautiful style. :) Oh and we're Swift buddies! Although I'm sure she looks after hers alot better than I do my own.

Catch ya's on the flip side! :P

3 comments:

  1. I saw that you won her giveaway! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're kidding right, my poor car hasn't been cleaned since before Christmas!
    and the engine light has been on for at least the last month...should really deal with that haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh lucky you winning the giveaway!!!! chimichangas are my biggest weakness !

    ReplyDelete