Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy ♥ day!

In celebration of Valentines Day, I decided to make some simple cards and send them off to my bestest girlfriends. I made the envelopes from this template here and the little scrabble letters from the same website Oh Happy Day, here.

Here is the end product:
Apologies for the blurry picture, I completely forgot to take a photo but luckily one of my girlfriends wanted to gloat about how awesome I am and posted it on facebook! He he.

Even though it's our very first Valentine's Day as a married couple, I've decided to keep things very low key for us this year. We're going to enjoy each others company with a quiet dinner at home and maybe snuggle up to a lovey dovey movie (whilst I catch up on some homework...). I've come to the conclusion that going way over the top on Valentine's Day is kind of pointless for us because everyone gets spoilt and some lame-o people get competitive about it :| So from now on I've decided that we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day by truly appreciating each others company and celebrating the little things that we do for each other most days of the year that make us feel loved. I think Matt really liked that idea coz it took the pressure off him.

In saying that I will still be surprising him a little. I'm going to buy him his favourite flavoured milk and a packet of oreos (also his favourite) then tie them up with red ribbon. And for dinner I'll make him his favourite meal, steak with Dianne sauce, I might even let him pick the movie! Ha ha. I hope he feels the love.

And I hope everyone else gets their fair share of love today too! Everyone deserves to be loved!

10 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! Enjoy the rest of your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards <3
    Some people get really carried away with V-day, the way you're spending it sounds like perfection to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute idea indeed!! I agree there is so many people out there who make valentines day a competition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naww thanks guys! Just wanted to let my girls know I love them too.

    I hope you all have great days! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny about the competition, I've just been thinking the opposite. Voguette's are almost competting over who is the most low-key lol

    I hope you enjoy your evening, it's always more meaningful and memorable than a flash dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that too actually! There's really only one person in my circle of friends that makes every holiday/everything over the top and a competition but it annoys the poop out of me.

      Delete
  6. I noticed all the girls who have generally sweet/romantic partners don't care too much for Valentine's Day. Which is probably why I don't either, not against it but I get flowers, chocolate, relaxed movie nights on a regular basis so it's just another day.
    It's a good day to kick the lazy boys (and girls) in the butt to do something though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so sweet! All of it :) The cards for your friends, and the way you're going to spoil Matt today.

    Have an awesome Valentine's Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you?? I miss you! :P

    Hope everything is well with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute cards, I hope your friends loved them.

    ps -I nominated your blog for a Cute Blog Award.. (details on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete