Friday, February 3, 2012

Buy it, Use it, Break it, Fix it

Soo I feel like my laptop of 4 years is starting to get pretty tired and I've been thinking I want to buy into the tablet market... I know a tablet is in no way a replacement for a laptop but we have Matt's desktop computer for anything that can't be done on a tablet. Or I could just do it at work...

I'm trying to decide on whether I want to get an iPad2 or a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I did a little bit of googling research and found PC Worlds Good Gear Guide has done the hard work for me and made comparisons of each. That took the technical bit out, but since I have no real idea what any of it means here are my reasons why I like each of them:

iPad2
Pic taken from the Apple website

  • Even though it's already supposed to be super user friendly, I have an iPhone so I wont have any problems using it, my aunty also has one so I know it's not all that different to an iPhone
  • It comes in white
  • I love the Apps and App store and I am obsessed with Apple's photobooth :P
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Pic taken from here.
  • Slightly bigger screen
  • It's Android and I've never played with that before so I'd like to fiddle and play around with it
  • Not that it would make much of a difference but it is capable of using Flash player
  • I wont be limited to itunes
And thats my reasons... Pretty lame hey. I think I might go into a JB HiFi and see if I can play around with the Galaxy Tab. Hmm decisions, decisions. Ha for all I know once I tell Matt that I want to get a tablet he might not even let me get one! Any advice guys? :)

5 comments:

  1. Another pro for the iPad is you can log in with your usual iTunes account and have the same songs and apps on it!! That makes them like "free" hahaha. That's why I want one. I want one bad! Not all apps can be shared though, but still...

    But I do like that you can customise android stuff, and I think the galaxy 10.1 was nearly banned here for being too similar to the iPad... So, another plus-ish thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with the iPad, I love Apple stuff and I love the fact that the staff at Apple fix/replace your things for free when they're in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Apple and have always wanted an iMac but Matt won't let me get one because he's a PC person and if the Mac ever broke he wouldn't know how to fix it. It's like living in the "Hi I'm a Mac" ad when we get started at each other :P

    I am leaning towards the iPad2 for the simple reason that I love Apple too. But I'm thinking the Samsung Galaxy would be a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the ipad2 and I love it, I also have an imac, iphone and ipod, I find it so easy to use and I bring it everywhere with me. I got wifi only though... I have no idea about the galaxy though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt gave me the okay! I'm getting the iPad2! Now we just have to save up :)

    ReplyDelete