Thursday, December 8, 2011

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

So cookie monster cupcakes have probably been kicking around the blogosphere since forever but when my bestie Laura saw them she said I HAD to make them!

Challenge

It has taken me aaaaages to actually get around to it, but last night I got my act together and finally accepted the challenge!

I didn't take alot of photos as I went along but the important ones are there. First I baked a batch of chocolate cupcakes and prepared some blue frosting. I was lazy and just used the Betty Crockers Vanilla Frosting with about 10 drops of blue food colouring mixed in. But I did make the cakes from scratch using this recipe from :: sweet treats ::

Photobucket
Blue icing and blue sugar sprinkles for a little bit of texture.

Photobucket
Eyeballs made from white chocolate buttons and chocolate chips stuck together with frosting.

Photobucket
Icing and decorating progress. Roughly ice the cakes with blue frosting, sprinkle them with blue sugar sprinkles, place the eyes where preferred and cut a chocolate chip cookie in half and place it where the mouth should go.

And now the moment you have all been waiting for...

The final result!
Accomplished
Mission Accomplished!

8 comments:

  1. haha! I love them! Such a good party idea. You did a great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great! better than a lot I've see floating around. well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they look really really good! I've seen so many shocking ones it's not funny. The blue sparkly sprinkles are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome! Nice work!

    My husband just peered over my shoulder whole I was reading your post, he loved them...and now apparently I have to make them :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so cool! Bet they were tasty too :)

    ReplyDelete