Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 - I'm keen!

It's New Years Eve and I have been up since 4am. I woke up to go to the loo and couldn't get back to sleep again >.< Lame. When it's party time, I'll probably be down for a snooze.


Anyways, 2011 has been such a big exciting year for Matt and I. Here's a little peek of what happened:
- It was the year for weddings, Matt's brother, one of my best girlfriends, and two of my girlfriends from college all got married this year. And of course we did!
- The year for weddings also meant the year of hens and bucks nights!
- I married my best friend. I know it's super cliche and all but we had the best most perfect wedding ever! All our hard work paid off. We seriously could not believe how smoothly everything went.
- My beautiful sister fell pregnant and had the cutest little boy, she also got engaged - and we were the first to know!
- Only had to visit the hospital three times this year: once for my silly hens night shennanigans (fell on my arm in a ten-pin bowling lane - those things are slippery, probably best not to walk down them), once because my brother was in a motorcycle accident (he was very lucky) and once to see my adorable little nephew. Fair effort!
- One of my favourite birthday surprises yet: Matt took me out for dinner, but actually took me to a hotel and we went for a Hot Air Balloon ride in the morning! :)
- MY BEST FRIENDS BOUGHT ME A KITCHENAID!
- We took our first trip overseas. It was amazing and can't wait to do it again.



Next year I'm hoping things will be a little bit more relaxed. My goals include:
- Getting my fitness and health into check: I did really well right before the wedding (minus all the hens nights and bridal showers where I stuffed my face and drank too much), but after that I totally fell off the wagon.
- Change my outlook on the way I spend money and save save save!
- Really explore my options for a new career path. I would like to do something more creative. Interior design is in my sights at the moment but I will research more to decide if that's what I really want to do.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years! Bring on 2012!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome year for you! I loooove the pic of you with the kitchenaid hahaha, you need to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing year you had Ash!
    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012. Good luck with your goals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping 2012 brings even more good fortune for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like 2011 was a great year for you :-)

    And your goals for 2012 look like good ones to me. Want us to keep you in check?

    Here's to 2012! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please Miss Direstions! Thank you everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! :D

    ReplyDelete