Monday, July 25, 2011

Bad Teacher


On Saturday night some of my best girls and I had planned to go out to dinner and see the final Harry Potter. In the arvo I had dropped by Lora's to find that she had only just started watching Part I of The Deathly Hallows at 4pm, our dinner reservations were at 6pm so we could go see the 7:30pm session of HP. She hadn't seen Part I yet so she definitely had to watch it before we went to see the end and I decided to stay and refresh my memory. Needless to say we were late to dinner so whilst eating our meals we missed the 7:30pm session.

So we decided to save it for another day and go see Bad Teacher instead. I quite liked Bad Teacher, it was a good no brainer movie that you could just sit back and laugh at.

Basically it's about Elizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) a grade school teacher who is ultimately a gold digger. In the beginning of the movie she gets dumped by her rich fiance then she decides to get another rich man to be her sugar daddy, she needs a boob job. She then spends the rest of the movie trying to find dodgy ways to fund her surgery and chasing after the new substitute teacher (Justin Timberlake) who comes from a rich family.

I LOVED the cast. It took me ages to realise that Elizabeth's room mate was Cam from Modern Family. There were actually alot of people in the cast who came from very popular tv shows like The Office, Community and How I Met Your Mother. I think because they were all so familiar to me I enjoyed seeing them play different characters.

The thing that irked me though is Elizabeth is ALWAYS wearing Christian Louboutin shoes. She's supposed to be poor but she parades around in designer shoes and fabulous clothes. I think if she was smart enough to sell her shoe collection she would have had the money for her surgery straight away, but then I guess we wouldn't have much of a movie then would we. There is one part where she looks completely homeless though.

Anyways, I dont want to give away too much and I'm not that good at reviewing things, so I'm just going to say great cast, funny storyline, not quite right costume choices, a little weird in parts but a fairly good movie 7/10 for me. Have you seen Bad Teacher? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment