Thursday, April 7, 2011

Uniformed Father

source (Not my dad!)

The weekend after I got engaged, the air force had a massive air show. My Dad is in the air force so any chance I get to see an air show I go! I just love watching the jets flying around!


Dad was working that day helping out with the traffic so once he was finished we met up with him for the first time as an engaged couple! :) One of the first things I said to him was "You definitely have to give me away in your dress uniform!". He said he needed to get clearance for it but it shouldn't be a problem.


At first I was a little iffy about Dad and the girls green bridesmaid dresses clashing, but recently (but by recently I mean probably about 5 years ago) they changed the dress uniforms. They aren't navy blue anymore because apparently someone complained they looked like bus drivers (this could just be a rumour). They are still blue, but its so dark its almost black! In the picture above it actually looks black! So I have no problem worrying about colours clashing! I guess I shouldn't have worried about it in the first place because it's not like he'll be standing next to the girls anyways.


The air force was such a big part of my life. I'm so excited for my Dad to give me away in his uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment