Friday, April 8, 2011

AmIDoingItRight? HaveIDoneEnough?

Everytime anyone asks me how the wedding planning is going I usually say "All the big important stuff is organised!" or "It's mostly done", which for the most part is true, we really just need to organise the suits, flowergirl dresses, pick a reading, write our vows, pick the menu, organise the table layout, call up our event guy and of course pay for everything.



The thing that gets me though is "is it enough?". I hear about other people's wedding plans and they all sound so glamorous, that it makes me wonder should we be doing some of those things? Are we supposed to have surprises? If so I better shut this blog down right now!



I also question if I'm doing things right? I really don't think wedding planning is as stressful as everyone makes it out to be. I read blogs and magazine articles on how to deal with fussy bridesmaids, controlling parents, limiting vendors and I think "oh that's interesting, doubt I'll ever need it though". I feel like everything has fallen into place so easily and I'm just not sure if that's how it's supposed to be.



I know I shouldn't be worrying about it, but sometimes I question myself.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you have too much to worry about apart from expectations of your day - don't aim for absolute perfection - just lots of laughs, tears and joy x

    ReplyDelete