- It was the year for weddings, Matt's brother, one of my best girlfriends, and two of my girlfriends from college all got married this year. And of course we did!
- The year for weddings also meant the year of hens and bucks nights!
- I married my best friend. I know it's super cliche and all but we had the best most perfect wedding ever! All our hard work paid off. We seriously could not believe how smoothly everything went.
- My beautiful sister fell pregnant and had the cutest little boy, she also got engaged - and we were the first to know!
- Only had to visit the hospital three times this year: once for my silly hens night shennanigans (fell on my arm in a ten-pin bowling lane - those things are slippery, probably best not to walk down them), once because my brother was in a motorcycle accident (he was very lucky) and once to see my adorable little nephew. Fair effort!
- One of my favourite birthday surprises yet: Matt took me out for dinner, but actually took me to a hotel and we went for a Hot Air Balloon ride in the morning! :)
- MY BEST FRIENDS BOUGHT ME A KITCHENAID!
- We took our first trip overseas. It was amazing and can't wait to do it again.
Next year I'm hoping things will be a little bit more relaxed. My goals include:
- Getting my fitness and health into check: I did really well right before the wedding (minus all the hens nights and bridal showers where I stuffed my face and drank too much), but after that I totally fell off the wagon.
- Change my outlook on the way I spend money and save save save!
- Really explore my options for a new career path. I would like to do something more creative. Interior design is in my sights at the moment but I will research more to decide if that's what I really want to do.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years! Bring on 2012!