Thursday, November 4, 2010

E Party

So mine and Matt's engagement party was on the weekend and WOW! It was better than my 21st! It was just an afternoon backyard gathering, but all the important people were there and made it the best afternoon/night.

We had all the typical things:


A lolly bar with chocolate fountain



Clothes line guest book with polaroid photos



Fake moustaches on sticks



And goon.


That's right, GOON!* Amongst that there was also way too much food, plenty of non goon alcohol, pom poms, lots of wonderful people and of course us, the lovers!


In the beginning I was trying so hard to get everything organised, pumping out food ect that I stressed myself out super bad. One of my old friends who I hadn't seen in a while turned up and I got so overwhelmed by everything that I teared up and had an emotional moment. Pretty sure I freaked her out a little coz I was so stressed, so at that moment I told myself to stop stressing and left everything up to my sisters. And boy they did an excellent job! I cant thank them enough for all the help they gave me. Honestly the best sisters in the world!


Other than my mini meltdown, everything went smoothly. The chocolate fountain got knocked over because Jack, our dog, pulled the extension cord while playing fetch. So the lolly bar went out of action as it got smothered in chocolate, but it was actually a good thing because all the kiddies were hyped up on soo much sugar.


And after all the olds left, we kicked on. Everyone was overly happy on goon and passion pop. I was dragged out to say a speech which didn't end up happening coz no one would be quiet so in the end our good friend said "This is taking too long, so I'm just going to say congratulations to the happy couple. It's about time!" and Matt jumped in and said "To my future wife!" which made my friends all go "awwwww!". Then we drank some more! We progressed on to a night on the town and got back home at about 1am which we then passed out.


Matt pulled up okay but I woke up feeling sick as a dog, it was worth it though. I hope the wedding will be as fun as our engagement party was. The only thing I regret is not getting enough photos together with Matt and our guests. But that will be something we wont forget at the wedding.



*Matt was in charge of alcohol and decided Fruity Lexia goon and Passion Pop was a good wine. *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment