Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Celebrant Meeting

When it comes to this wedding planning business, Matt and I have noooo idea. Everyone asks us "Haven't you been to other weddings?" Well yes but of the three that I had been to, one was my parents when I was a baby and the other two I was flower girl for. Pretty sure the only wedding Matt has been to he was about 12 maybe even younger. So we really don't have anything to refer back to. Dont get me wrong there is plenty of help around whether it be from family, our neighbour, online blogs etc or from magazines. We just cant draw back from our own experiences of actually being at a wedding.

So when we finally got around to thinking about a celebrant we've decided to meet up with a few of them so that we could get a feel for how they work and if we felt comfortable with them.

We met with the first celebrant last night. She was one of the options mainly because she lives just up the road from us and she made the effort to call me (multiple times).

She was really lovely, she said that because the wedding was about us she would leave most of the things for us to pick out and then she'd word and format everything so it all ties in properly. She showed us her PA and told us examples of readings and her ceremonies, went through all the legal stuff etc and you could tell that she was really passionate about what she does.

Only downside was, she could talk the roof off a house. We got there at 6:30pm and didn't leave till 9:30pm. She just talked and talked and talked about random stuff all the while Matt was squeezing my hand in an attempt to make me find an exit strategy.

So I think we'll give her about a 7 out of 10. We did really like her at first and we did feel comfortable talking to her but we dont want every meeting to be as long as that one was.

I'm currently in the throws of organising a meeting with another celebrant, I already really like this guy from his website so hopefully we wont have to continue looking after his meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment